Senior Town Planner
Reporting to: Director – Planning
To provide town planning services for both public and private sector clients on major infrastructure and regeneration projects in London and other regions of the UK.
- Preparation and submission of planning and consents applications, including those associated with hybrid Bill, Transport & Works Act Orders and Development Consent Order processes, in accordance with the requirements of the approving body.
- Research relevant planning policy, legislative framework and specific legislation applicable to a particular project or sector at an early stage in the project development and planning process, in order to be able to provide strategic advice on planning requirements.
- Assistance in negotiations with local authorities, other statutory bodies and third parties, to reach agreement on planning matters.
- Preparation of consents management plans, and preparation and maintenance of consents registers.
- Provision of guidance to multi-disciplinary teams on the production of drawings and supplemental planning information in relation to planning submissions.
- Monitoring and/or advising on construction related activities to ensure that planning consents and directions are fully complied with.
- Undertake consultation with various stakeholders and interested third parties on specific projects.
Experience and Skills Required:
- An RTPI accredited degree
- Chartered membership with the RTPI, or currently seeking membership
- Extensive planning experience within consultancy and/or local government
- Demonstrable experience of the major infrastructure planning process including the preparation and submission of applications and appeals
- Strong report writing skills with close attention to detail and accuracy of content
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A proven track record in stakeholder liaison associated with the planning process
If you are interested in joining the team please send your CV to HR@cjassociates.co.uk