Stakeholder Engagement & Consultation
Engaging with stakeholders early, informing them, listening to their views, asking the right questions and being prepared to address valid concerns is critical to project success.
We have a highly experienced team of communications and stakeholder engagement specialists who can devise your strategy, identify and categorise your stakeholders and develop a comprehensive plan for every stage of your project’s development. Our dedicated project team can then execute your engagement strategy, building the trusting relationships required for successful project delivery.
We provide insight and expertise across all stakeholder groups including political stakeholders at both national and local government levels as well as business and industry partners.
We recognise that each assignment is unique, and we will help you by:
- identifying and analysing stakeholders and preparing your stakeholder management strategy
- developing a programme of engagement and communication
- developing and maintaining stakeholder engagement databases
- managing stakeholder relationships
- ensuring stakeholders’ issues are accommodated, where feasible
- advising on and negotiating agreements with stakeholders where required
- preparing Statements of Common Ground, Statements of Community Consultation or Statements of Community Involvement
- reviewing formal agreements and identifying project risks and obligations that must be addressed
- maintaining a meticulous audit trail
Consultation is a critical component of any project or scheme. The Planning Act 2008 prescribes that consultation be undertaken as a key element of project development and the approvals process.
We have extensive experience managing and delivering statutory and non-statutory consultation programmes utilising digital communications and online platforms, identifying concerns, requirements and expectations and managing potential objections to the scheme as early as possible so that alternative solutions can be considered, and project risks minimised.
We plan, organise and manage:
- exhibitions, roadshows and information forums to provide opportunities to discuss project issues and inform the wider public
- preparation of information for project websites, production of newsletters, leaflets and other project communications.
- setting up and maintaining a 24 hour helpline and ensure responses to queries and complaints are managed efficiently and accurately
- preparation of responses to consultation submissions
- preparation of the Consultation Report and supporting documentation
- a proper audit trail, maintained throughout the projects’ development for use as evidence, as required.