The Company recognises that it is important to instil a sense of responsibility and professionalism into employees and is very mindful of how the Company is perceived by others.
CJ Associates insists on ethical standards and integrity in all business relationships, both internally and externally and firmly rejects practices which might be deemed improper. The Company’s ethics revolve around honesty and justice in the execution of its responsibilities and duties in relation to all of its activities.
The main principles of this ethics policy, which staff must adhere to at all times, are:
- To act honourably and with integrity
- Be open and transparent in all dealings with suppliers, contractors and clients
- Be accountable for their actions
- Be objective at all times
- Report potential conflicts of interests
- Avoid anti-competitive behaviour
- Protect confidential information
- Protect against fraud, theft and corruption
- Comply with relevant laws and regulations
The Company’s employees are also required to follow the guidelines and rules on ethics and good practice of various professional bodies to which they belong, such as the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE), Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), Royal Town Planning Institute, Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR), The Consultation Institute (TCI) and the Association for Project Management (APM).