Health and Safety Policy
CJ Associates Ltd. (“the Company”) seeks to provide and maintain a safe and healthy working environment and to enlist the support of its staff in achieving this objective.
It is Company policy to follow Health and Safety Executive regulations, procedures and guidelines at all times pursuant to the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. When working within our clients’ organisations and on their premises, we seek to comply fully with their safety requirements and standards.
All staff are responsible for ensuring they are familiar with the Health and Safety Policy and comply with all relevant requirements both within Company premises and while on client premises.
The Company operates a Health and Safety Management System which is described in the Office Manual. The Company ensures all staff are familiar with the operation of this system which sets out:
- Office health and safety procedures
- Risk assessment and management
- Use of office equipment and facilities
- Monitoring the effectiveness and auditing of safety systems
- Health and safety training
- Drugs and Alcohol programmes
The management system is reviewed at least annually to ensure it continues to meet best industry practice and all legislative requirements, such as the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations, the Health and Safety (Consultation with Employees) Regulations and Safety Representatives Regulations.
The Managing Director has overall executive responsibility for safety matters within the Company. He is responsible for appointing the Safety Manager and liaising with that manager to ensure Company policy regarding health and safety matters is adhered to.
The Safety Manager is responsible for carrying out a full risk assessment and ensuring:
- All staff are aware of all safety arrangements including first aid and accident reporting, display screen equipment regulations, electricity and fire procedures
- The office and all office equipment is operated and monitored in a safe condition
- Office functions are carried out safely
- The Health and Safety Management System is operating effectively
- The Employer’s Liability Insurance certificate is up to date and is clearly displayed in the reception area.
Where CJ Associates staff are working within a client’s organisation it is the responsibility of the Project Manager or senior representative to ensure Company staff are aware of and adhere to the host’s safety requirements.